15 February 2013

Top 10 Movies I'm Looking Forward to in 2013: Man of Steel

EIGHT: Man of Steel



I am definitely a die-hard Marvel fan, but I have respect for DC characters as well. Top on my list of DC respect is Superman. Not only is he the original superhero (if you are a fan of ANY superhero, you owe gratitude to Superman for that character's mere existence), he is a moral model for many people, heroes and "citizens" alike. Some may make fun of the fact that he is the "Big Blue Boy Scout" (and the fact that no one seems to recognize Clark when he's not wearing glasses), but in a period of moral uncertainty, I appreciate a hero who is willing to stand up as a symbol for what is right and wrong. (Which is part of why I love Captain America over in the Marvel Universe.)

So, aside from the fact that he is my favorite DC character, is there any other reasons that I'm looking forward to this movie?

Perhaps this awesome trailer:


Or even this interesting bit of news?

Anywhoo, after the well-deserved success of the Dark Knight trilogy, I'm anxious to see where this studio takes the defender of truth, justice, and the American way.

-Captain Z

No comments:

Post a Comment