14 March 2013

FREEDOM!!!

As I've mentioned in a previous post, the archenemy of Captain Z is the dreaded Dr. Procrastination!

So I just finished a research paper that's due tomorrow. I'm actually quite proud of myself. Usually I don't finish such things until like 3 or 4 in the morning before its due. However, I still think this qualifies for a fail: I've known about this paper since the beginning of the semester and I just started YESTERDAY. No research, no quality thinking about what I wanted to do, heck, I barely even looked at the requirements until yesterday. The thing is, I have a horrible tendency of doing this with virtually every assignment ever (as well as studying for tests). And every single time my thoughts go something like this: Crap crap crap crap crap crap crap!!! Why did I wait this long to start this? I'm never never never never going to do this again! [insert tons of stress and staying uΓΌber-late]. The next day I'm a zombie through of all of my classes, and if I'm lucky I'll go home and crash for a few hours. Then I'll get up and think of all the projects and studying I should be doing, and then I think, "eh, I'll worry about it later." And then when I get the project or test back with a good grade, I think "See? That wasn't so bad." And then my desire to not procrastinate will plummet. Until of course hours before the next project or test is due. Then I repeat this cycle all over again. What I want to know is WHY do I do this to myself?

Anywhoo. That's my rant for now.

-Captain Z

No comments:

Post a Comment