18 March 2013

I'll take a Big Mac, large fries, and a Harlem Shake...

I had the opportunity to participate with some friends in making a Harlem Shake video this weekend. (I'll post a video as soon as it gets put on YouTube.) I'll have to admit it was a blast. But what I'm trying to figure out is why this trend has become so popular in the first place. I've now seen probably at least a dozen videos. Maybe two made me laugh. Maybe. My question:


I understand completely why people make these vids (due to aforementioned blastness), but why do people watch them? Here's how it usually happens for me: [Sees reference to Harlem Shake somewhere.] "Maybe I should give this another try..." [Starts to watch a video.]


...And there's a precious few minutes of my life I'm never getting back. If someone could explain to me the appeal of watching them, that'd be great.

-Captain Z

No comments:

Post a Comment