12 March 2013

Top 10 Movies I'm Looking Forward to in 2013: After Earth

Well, it's after midnight, and I'm still up and about. Might as well get a head start and make my Tuesday post:

SEVEN: After Earth


I have to admit that I'm a Shyamalan fan. I've heard that his Airbender film sucked. (I still haven't seen it.) And I realize that his recent movies haven't been as awesome as his earlier ones. (Signs is still one of my all-time favorite movies. And if you don't like Unbreakable, then there is something wrong with you.) But I still believe that he can redeem himself. And what better way to do it than casting by Will Smith? Never mind that this title makes it sound like it is a remake of an awesome 90s animated film, Will and Jaden Smith plus outer space plus apocalypse plus Shyamalan plus what looks like Avatar-like graphics plus cool quote in the trailer (which is partially included in the new poster) should hopefully equal awesome movie. I really hope this one turns out. Please Shyamalan, be good again!

Here is the trailer:


Other posts in this series: Man of Steel, The Wolverine, Catching Fire

-Captain Z

2 comments:

  1. Don't forget that he also screwed up Dragonball. In short, he can't do movies based off of cartoons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As far as I know, he wasn't involved at all with Dragonball. IMDB doesn't list him under anything in the crew for that movie.

    ReplyDelete